Welcome to AIESEC Jordan 's Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Story of an Intern in Jordan

“I somehow felt it was the right place for me, I understood it. Thanks to all the wonderful people who took care of me, I haven't felt alone or unwelcome, not even once..”
- Olek Janiszewski, intern from Poland in Jordan


A rich professional experience in Information Management EXperts

Work here is really interesting and challenging, mostly because I have full responsibility and control over the project, that I'm working on. I'm really exercising my professional skills in software design, and although the project is quite big and serious, I feel I know how to put all the pieces together, and I make all the design decisions with high awareness. In the same time, since Imex doesn't actually use any project management practices, I can make use of my AIESEC management and leadership skills.

Living in the heart of the Middle East

I don't know if there are more similarities or differences between Poland and Jordan. Sure, the first impression is exotic, but not as much as one could expect. Well, there are two differences that come to my mind, though. Jordan is way safer and more peaceful than Poland and Jordanians are much more cheerful, proud and noble than most Poles. Living there was like a permanent holiday, even if I was working 10 hours a day on average.

Life-changing personal development

I was managing my work and life in a totally exotic country. It also showed me the power of AIESEC – without the support of the AIESEC system and AIESEC people, it would almost impossible to assimilate smoothly in Jordan. I used the management and leadership practices at my workplace to facilitate cooperation with my teammate. Thanks to being here I learnt to manage my life on my own, I became more self-confident and learnt a lot about myself (i.e. my preferred working style).

No comments: